St. Hilary’s has been a Charter of Boy Scout, Webelos and Cub Scout Troop 117 since 1980.
St. Hilary’s is proud to have several parishioners as members of Troop 117 including Tobin, Aiden and Jalen Chin-Franz, Ben and Patty Walker, Peyton and Chuck Lunsford and Bradley and David Oliver,
Our COR (Charter Organization Representative) is Patty Walker and our Scoutmaster is Peter Franz.
As a charter of the Boys Scouts of America, St. Hilary’s and Troop 117 agree to:
● Conduct the Scouting program according to their own policies and guidelines as well as those of the Boy Scouts of America.
● Include Scouting as part of its overall program for youth and families. Consider organizing a program to meet the developmental needs for every age level served.
● Appoint a chartered organization representative who is a member of St. Hilary’s and will coordinate all unit operations within it. He or she will represent Troop 117 to the Scouting district and serve as a voting member of the local council.
● Select a unit committee of parents and members of Troop 117 (minimum of three) who will screen and select unit leaders who meet the St. Hilary’s standards as well as the leadership standards of the BSA.
● Provide adequate facilities for the Scouting unit(s)to meet on a regular schedule with time and place reserved.
● Encourage the unit to participate in outdoor experiences, which are vital elements of Scouting.
Please encourage any boys and their families to come and check out our Cub Scout, Webelos and Boy Scout Troop. The Cub Scouts and Webelos meet every Monday night except for holidays at 6:30 in the Children’s Wing while our Boy Scouts meet every Monday except for holidays in Browning hall at 7pm.